Excision of intradural lesion
The dural sac is the membranous sheath or tube of dura mater that surrounds the spinal cord. An excision of intradural lesion involves removing a lesion from this area.
What does an excision of intradural lesion involve?
During the procedure, your surgeon will make an incision, usually in the back of your neck, and exposure your dura. The membrane is opened and the lesion is then removed. You will be placed under general anaesthetic so you won’t feel any pain during the procedure.
As well as working with all major insurance companies, we also welcome patients who wish to pay for themselves. We offer a range of self-pay package options, including:
- Fixed Price Packages: these are comprehensive, all-inclusive packages that group everything you may need into one clear price. All of our Fixed Price Packages include diagnostics, procedure, all professional fees, all post-op outpatient care and any other consultant-recommended services as part of you treatment.
Below is an outline of our Fixed Price Package.
Included in the package price:
- consultant surgeon and consultant anaesthetist procedure fees.
- two follow-up consultations with consultant within post-op time frame.
- pre-admission outpatient tests, which includes standard pathology and diagnostic tests (ECG & Chest X-ray), if required.
- recovery and accommodation which includes a stay in a private en-suite room.
- ward medications, dressings, and ward nursing consumables.
- theatre procedure, including anaesthetic drugs and theatre consumables.
- theatre prosthesis.
- pathology and histology, if required.
- standard post–op medication issued and used during the inpatient stay.
- inpatient physiotherapy and surgical stockings, if required.
- discharge medication pertaining to the condition being treated by this package.
- all patient meals and non-alcoholic beverages.
- return to theatres within six weeks of the procedure date due to complication.
Inclusions listed above are non-refundable if not required.
Excluded from the package price:
- take out supplies.
- companion beds andcatering for relatives / visitors.
- personal expenses –telephone calls, additional catering, ambulances, etc…
If additional night’s stay, diagnostics, or other services are requested from your consultant you will not be charged in addition for these as these are included within the Fixed Price Package.
Consultants offering this package:
When enquiring about this package please quote A5110.