A knee arthroscopy is a type of keyhole surgery which allows your surgeon to look inside your knee. The surgery is used to help diagnose and treat problems within the knee.
Who is suitable for a knee arthroscopy?
Patients offered knee arthroscopy usually suffer from mechanical symptoms such as locking, giving way or instability. Pain alone is not usually a sufficient reason. Underlying conditions such as meniscal tears, loose fragments, arthritis or ligament injuries may be responsible.
What does a knee arthroscopy involve?
A knee arthroscopy is performed as keyhole surgery, usually under general anaesthetic or at times a spinal or local anaesthetic. The surgery usually takes around an hour. During the surgery, your surgeon will place a camera and surgical instrument(s) inside your knee. Most times this involves two small incisions but occasionally further incisions are required to remove loose cartilage/bone, remove or repair any damaged tissues and drain excess fluid.
As well as working with all major insurance companies, we also welcome patients who wish to pay for themselves. We offer a range of self-pay package options, including:
- Hospital Packages: these are flexible packages that group standard diagnostics and the procedure into one clear price. Consultant and anaesthetist fees are separate, and any other addition to your treatment is billed separately.
- Fixed Price Packages: these are comprehensive, all-inclusive packages that group everything you may need for treatment into one clear price. All of our Fixed Price Packages include pre-admission tests, procedure, professional fees, post-op outpatient care and any other consultant-recommended services as part of your treatment.
Below is an outline of both our self-pay Hospital Package and our Fixed Price Package.
Below is an outline of our self-pay hospital package which includes tests, hospital stay and procedure. Please note: it does not include consultant fees, which may vary.
Hospital package from £4,215
Indicative consultant fees from £600
Our hospital package includes:
- Standard pre-admission tests, including electrocardiogram (ECG) and chest X-ray
- Accommodation in a private en-suite room for one night
- Light meals
- Ward medications and dressings
- Theatre procedure and anaesthetics
- Inpatient physiotherapy, pathology, occupational therapy, surgical stockings and crutches
- Post-op and discharge medication
- Consultant consultation fee
- Consultant procedure fee
- Non-standard diagnostic and histology tests
- Any additional costs not specified in the package inclusions
Included in the package price:
- Consultant Surgeon and Consultant Anaesthetist procedure fees.
- Two follow-up consultations with consultant within post-op timeframe.
- Pre-admission outpatient tests, which includes standard pathology and diagnostic tests (ECG & Chest X-ray), if required.
- Recovery and accommodation which includes a stay in a private en-suite room.
- Ward medications, dressings,and nursing consumables.
- Theatre Procedure, including anaesthetic drugs and theatre consumables.
- Theatre Prosthesis.
- Pathology and histology, if required.
- Standard post–op medication issued and used during the inpatient stay.
- Inpatient physiotherapy and surgical stockings, if required.
- Discharge medication pertaining to the condition being treated by this package.
- All patient meals and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Post-op X-rays and physiotherapy pertaining to the procedure within six weeks.
- Return to theatres within six weeks of the procedure date due to complication.
Excluded from the package price:
- Take out supplies.
- Companion beds and catering for relatives / visitors.
- Personal expenses –telephone calls, additional catering, ambulances, etc…
If additional night’s stay, diagnostics, or other services are requested from your consultant you will not be charged in addition for these as these are included within the fixed price package.
Consultants offering this package:
- Miss Samantha Tross, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Mr Sammy Hanna, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Mr Simon Moyes, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
When enquiring about this package please quote W8500.