Peripheral nerve surgery for Morton’s neuroma
Patients that suffer from Morton’s neuroma may benefit from peripheral nerve surgery to remove part of the damaged nerve and/or the bursa. Morton’s neuroma can be caused by various factors including trauma or excess pressure and can lead to persistent pain and discomfort.
Who is suitable for peripheral nerve surgery?
Patients who have been experiencing pain or discomfort in one or both feet as a result of Morton's neuroma, with a lack of improvement from other methods such as custom shoes, are suitable for peripheral nerve surgery. Your consultant will discuss your suitability for the surgery in more detail during your initial consultation and after any required imaging.
What does peripheral nerve surgery involve?
For Morton’s neuroma, the procedure is usually a day-case one, with most patients going home the same day. General and/or Local anaesthetic is delivered to the area, followed by a small incision to remove part of the nerve that is causing the pain.
What is the recovery period?
The length of time it takes to recover after your surgery depends on various factors, including your age, fitness level prior to your surgery and any existing conditions. Usually, most patients will find their pain is vastly improved one week after surgery and can often start to return to their usual activities three weeks after surgery.
Our dedicated recovery team of specialist nurses and physiotherapists will work with you closely to make sure you build strength and mobility as quickly as possible.
As well as working with all major insurance companies, we also welcome patients who wish to pay for themselves. We offer a range of self-pay package options, including:
- Hospital Packages: these are flexible packages that group standard diagnostics and the procedure into one clear price. Consultant and anaesthetist fees are separate, and any other addition to your treatment is billed separately.
- Fixed Price Packages: these are comprehensive, all-inclusive packages that group everything you may need for treatment into one clear price. All of our Fixed Price Packages include pre-admission tests, procedure, professional fees, post-op outpatient care and any other consultant-recommended services as part of your treatment.
Below is an outline of our Fixed Price Package.
Included in the package price:
- Two follow-up consultations with consultant within post-op timeframe.
- Pre-admission outpatient tests, which includes standard pathology and diagnostic tests (ECG & Chest X-ray), if required.
- Recovery and accommodation which includes a stay in a private en-suite room.
- Ward medications, dressings, and ward nursing consumables.
- Theatre Procedure, including anaesthetic drugs and theatre consumables.
- Theatre Prosthesis.
- Pathology and histology, if required.
- Standard post–op medication issued and used during the inpatient stay.
- Inpatient physiotherapy and surgical stockings, if required.
- Discharge medication pertaining to the condition being treated by this package.
- All patient meals and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Return to theatres within 6 weeks of the procedure date due to complication.
Excluded from the package price:
- Take out supplies.
- Companion beds andcatering for relatives / visitors.
- Personal expenses –telephone calls, additional catering, ambulances, etc.
If additional night’s stay, diagnostics, or other services are requested from your consultant you will not be charged in addition for these as these are included within the Fixed Price Package.
Consultant offering this package:
When enquiring about this package please quote A6110