Diversity and inclusion
At Cromwell Hospital, we’re committed to creating a culture which celebrates our differences, and we believe we must work together to encourage and support inclusion across all areas of our hospital.
The REDI for Change Network
To bring this ethos to life, we have an internal diversity and inclusion committee called the REDI for Change (Respect, Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion) Network.
The REDI Network supports the strategic aim of Cromwell Hospital: to be the outstanding hospital of choice in London for our patients, people, and partners, and to provide a supportive and encouraging environment to work and to receive medical treatment.
We do this by giving our people and patients a platform to share their views, ideas and experiences, raising awareness of and celebrating our differences, and providing learning and educational opportunities for all.
The REDI Network’s purpose is to:
- ensure that all our people feel able to participate in the affairs of the hospital.
- act as a support and advisory group to all colleagues, especially those who are currently underrepresented.
- provide and promote peer support, confidence building and greater inclusivity.
- be the main conduit for the gathering and synthesis of diverse opinion on hospital-wide issues, across clinical and professional services functions, and all hospital locations.
- support the mission, values, and strategy of the hospital.
Creating an inclusive environment
Across the hospital, we are committed to ensuring we create an inclusive environment for our staff and patients with the support of the REDI Network.
The Network is made up of hospital employees from all backgrounds who support us in raising awareness, educating our people and celebrating our different backgrounds, helping our staff feel able to bring their whole selves to work, and our patients, consultants and partners to feel comfortable being who they are.
Our development towards inclusion
Cromwell Hospital is committed to creating an inclusive and respectful working environment for all of our people. We have listened carefully to our employees and developed our 2022-23 inclusion vision incorporating the feedback.
We believe that by drawing on our employees’ rich and diverse perspectives, we will improve the care we deliver to our patients. We look forward to positive and impactful change through our new nine point Inclusion Plan.