Lymphoedema is a swelling that occurs when the lymphatic system does not drain fluid properly.
It can affect any part of the body but is most often seen in the arms or legs.
Lymphoedema management requires specialist intervention and our dedicated therapy staff provide a personalised care plan for each patient.
The innovative approach we take ensures we remain at the forefront of current developments in the management of lymphoedema. Cromwell Hospital invests heavily in modern technology and staff development to support a cutting edge and modern approach to treatment.
Care for patients with lymphoedema
Our service supports and improves patient care and treatment for those recovering from:
- breast surgery
- the effects of cancer treatment
- surgery such as cosmetic or orthopaedic procedures which may have affected the lymphatic system and caused swelling and bruising
- sports injury resulting in swelling
Treatments available for lymphoedema
For the management of lymphoedema our range includes:
- general education about the condition
- advice on skincare
- manual lymphatic drainage and simple lymphatic drainage compression – garment fitting and bandaging
- manual therapy
- connective tissue mobilisation
- low-level laser therapy
Book an appointment today
Our telephone lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm Saturdays.
Alternatively, fill out our appointment request form and we'll be in touch shortly.
Please note - regrettably we are unable to answer specific medical questions or offer medical advice via email or telephone.