Endoscopic resection of lesion of bladder
An endoscopic resection of bladder is a minimally-invasive operation to remove parts of the bladder.
What does it involve?
Most of the time, patients will first have a cystoscopy test, which checks the health of your bladder and helps your surgeon see your bladder clearly. Before the procedure, patients are placed under general or spinal anesthetic. The procedure usually takes between 15 mins – 1.5 hours, during which, your surgeon will pass an endoscope through the urethra into the bladder and remove the lesion(s). The tissue that is removed is then examined by a pathology consultant to make a diagnosis. This can take about a week after the surgery.
What is the recovery period?
The length of time it takes you to recover from the operation depends on a range of factors, including your age. Some patients are able to go home the same day as their procedure, where others may need to stay one or two nights in hospital. Your surgeon will be able to advise you on the likely recovery period for you. Our dedicated recovery team of specialist nurses will work with you closely after your operation to make sure you recover as quickly as possible.
As well as working with all major insurance companies, we also welcome patients who wish to pay for themselves. We offer a range of self-pay package options, including:
- Hospital Packages: these are flexible packages that group standard diagnostics and the procedure into one clear price. Consultant and anaesthetist fees are separate, and any other addition to your treatment is billed separately.
- Fixed Price Packages: these are comprehensive, all-inclusive packages that group everything you may need for treatment into one clear price. All of our Fixed Price Packages include pre-admission tests, procedure, professional fees, post-op outpatient care and any other consultant-recommended services as part of your treatment.
Below is an outline of our self-pay Fixed Price Package.
Fixed Price Package: £5,485
If additional night’s stay, diagnostics, or other services are requested from your consultant you will not be charged in addition for these as these are included within the fixed price package.
When enquiring about this package please quote M4210.
- Consultant’s surgeon and consultant anaesthetist professional fees.
- Two follow-up consultations with consultant within post-op timeframe.
- Pre-admission outpatient tests, which includes standard pathology and diagnostic tests (ECG & Chest X-ray), if required.
- Recovery and accommodation which includes a stay in a private en-suite room.
- Ward medications, dressings, and nursing consumables.
- Theatre Procedure, including anaesthetic drugs and theatre consumables.
- Standard post–op medication issued and used during the inpatient stay.
- Inpatient physiotherapy, pathology, histology, and surgical stockings, if required.
- Discharge medication pertaining to the condition being treated by this package (up to £50).
- All patient meals and non-alcoholic beverages (light meals for daycases).
- Post- op x-rays and physiotherapy pertaining to the procedure within 6 weeks.
- Return to theatres within 6 weeks of the procedure date due to complication.
- Take out supplies.
- Companion beds and catering for relatives / visitors.
- Personal expenses – telephone calls, additional catering, ambulances, etc…
Book an appointment today
Please note - regrettably we are unable to answer specific medical questions or offer medical advice via email or telephone.