Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI)
Transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) is when a catheter is inserted into a blood vessel in your upper leg or chest and then passed towards your aortic valve, where a new valve will be positioned.
What does TAVI involve?
The replacement valve can be inserted in a minimally invasive manner avoiding the need for open heart surgery.
The most common access sites for a TAVI are through the artery at the top of the leg (femoral artery) or via the artery at the top of the shoulder (subclavian artery).
A TAVI is performed under sedation (local anaesthetic) and usually takes approximately one hour.
As well as working with all major insurance companies, we also welcome patients who wish to pay for themselves. We offer a range of self-pay package options, including:
- Hospital Packages: these are flexible packages that group standard diagnostics and the procedure into one clear price. Consultant and anaesthetist fees are separate, and any other addition to your treatment is billed separately.
- Fixed Price Packages: these are comprehensive, all-inclusive packages that group everything you may need for treatment into one clear price. All of our Fixed Price Packages include pre-admission tests, procedure, all professional fees, all post-op outpatient care and any other consultant-recommended services as part of you treatment.
Below is an outline of our TAVI Fixed Price Package.
Included in the package price:
- Consultant Surgeon and Consultant Anaesthetist procedure fees.
- Two follow-up consultations with your consultant within the post-op timeframe.
- Pre-admission outpatient tests, which include standard pathology and diagnostic tests (ECG & Chest X-ray), if required.
- Recovery and accommodation, which includes one night in ITU and a further stay in a private en-suite room.
- Surgical and anaesthetic standby team.
- Ward medications, dressings, and nursing consumables.
- Procedure, including anaesthetic drugs, consumables, and prosthesis.
- Standard post–op medication issued and used during the inpatient stay.
- Inpatient physiotherapy and surgical stockings, if required.
- Discharge medication pertaining to the condition being treated by this package.
- All patient meals and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Post-op cardiology pertaining to the procedure within four weeks.
- Return to theatres within four weeks of the procedure date due to complication as a result of the procedure.
Excluded from the package price:
- Take out supplies.
- Companion beds and catering for relatives/visitors.
- Home monitoring device if required.
- Personal expenses incl. telephone calls.
If additional nights stay, diagnostics, or other services are requested from your consultant post-admission, you will not be charged in addition for these as they will be covered under the Fixed Price Package.
Consultants offering this package:
When enquiring about this package please quote K3580.
Book an appointment today
Please note - regrettably we are unable to answer specific medical questions or offer medical advice via email or telephone.