Our caring team of physicians and experienced nurses provide the best individualised physical and psychological care.
At Cromwell Hospital, we recognise the importance of palliative care for our patients and their loved ones. Our palliative care team concentrates on a holistic approach.
Palliative care supports patients with symptom control in potentially life-limiting conditions as well as end of life care.
This includes incurable cancer of all types, and other progressive diseases such as heart failure, kidney failure, COPD, pulmonary fibrosis, motor neuron disease, multiple sclerosis and dementia.
Since these can affect all aspects of life (physical, psychological/emotional, spiritual, social and work), the palliative care team are on hand to assist with all of these areas.
Cromwell Hospital is the first private hospital in the UK to be awarded the Gold Standards Framework Quality Hallmark Award in End of Life Care. The team also won the Bupa Global Gratitude Award in May 2022.
The Palliative Care Team at Cromwell Hospital:
- Provides assistance on managing complex symptoms like pain and other physical symptoms associated with your medical condition.
- Integrates the psychological and spiritual aspect of your care.
- Offers a support system to help family and friends cope during your illness.
- Aids to enhance quality of life.
- Offers advice and support on advanced care planning.
- Provides signposts to relevant community agencies if relevant.
- Provides good End of Life Care.
Book an appointment today
Our telephone lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm Saturdays.
Alternatively, fill out our appointment request form and we'll be in touch shortly.
Please note - regrettably we are unable to answer specific medical questions or offer medical advice via email or telephone.