Helping to reduce the impact of disease or injury on your everyday activities.
Our occupational therapists help to reduce the impact of a condition or injury on your daily life. This includes everyday activities such as work, sport, hobbies, work and domestic tasks around the house.
They work with patients of all ages, including those staying in hospital and outpatients who come in for appointments only.
Our occupational therapists can assess how easily you can carry out everyday activities. They can help you overcome difficulties and give advice on equipment or alterations that may help. They can also do:
- home assessments
- wheelchair assessments and training
- upper limb re-training and hand-rehabilitation
- splint selection and show you how to use them well
- advise on energy conservation, fatigue management and relaxation therapy
- scar management
- cognitive assessment and rehabilitation
- ergonomics and work simplification
Occupational therapy for children
Our occupational therapists help children and young people with develop their skills in everyday activities.
This includes carrying out:
- self-care tasks – sleeping, dressing and bathing
- school activities – hand writing, sitting still and cognitive skills
Our occupational therapists use play and fun in sessions, and work closely with physiotherapists and other professionals.
"I would like to thank everyone at Cromwell Hospital for the fantastic way you looked after me. I could not fault anyone during the time I spent with you - from the point I arrived in reception, to the catering team and every member of staff throughout the changes of shift during my stay."
Anonymous, Cromwell Hospital patient
Book an appointment today
Our telephone lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm Saturdays.
Please note - regrettably we are unable to answer specific medical questions or offer medical advice via email or telephone.