Rhinoplasty is a surgery to change the shape or the size of the nose, also more commonly known as a “nose job”.
Rhinoplasty surgery, more commonly known as a “nose job”, is a surgery to change the shape or the size of the nose. Reasons for surgery could differ and may be due to a desire to change the shape/size of the nose for cosmetic or for health reasons, ie: breathing.
Cromwell Hospital offers expert consultants, specialised in cosmetics and ENT surgery, with access to the latest diagnostics and technology all under one roof.
What happens during the procedure?
Prior to your surgery, your consultant and healthcare team will talk you through the procedure and answer any questions you may have.
Rhinoplasty is performed under general anaesthetic, and the surgery can take between 60 and 90 minutes. The surgery is usually a day case procedure, but if you require admission this will be communicated prior to the surgery.
During the surgery, your surgeon will make an incision inside the nose, altering the bone and cartilage to achieve your desired look or to make breathing easier for you. Once the desired look and structure is achieved, your surgeon will stretch out the tissue and put stitches in place. Dressings will be placed inside the nose to prevent bleeding with a splint applied to the outside of the nose to protect, maintain the shape and reduce the swelling during the healing process.
What is the recovery period?
The recovery period varies for each case, your healthcare team will advise you on the next steps and will support you throughout your journey with us.
For many cases, the surgery is a daycase surgery and you will be able to go back home the same day. Pain, swelling and some discomfort around the nose may be present, your healthcare team will advise you on all the necessary aftercare.
As well as working with all major insurance companies, we also welcome patients who wish to pay for themselves.
Below is an outline of our self-pay hospital package which includes tests, hospital stay and procedure.
Please note: it does not include consultant fees, which may vary.
Hospital package from £2,855 (day case), £3,575 (1 night), £4,625 (2 night)
Indicative consultant fees from £2,500
When enquiring about this package, please quote E0260.
- Pre-admission outpatient tests, which includes standard pathology and diagnostic tests (ECG & Chest X-ray), if required.
- Recovery and accommodation which includes up to 2 nights stay in a private room.
- Ward medications, dressings and nursing consumables.
- Theatre Procedure: Rhinoplasty, including anaesthetic drugs and theatre consumables.
- Standard post –op medication issued and used during the inpatient stay.
- Inpatient physiotherapy & surgical stockings.
- Discharge medication pertaining to the condition being treated by this package (up to £50)
- All patient meals and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Consultant surgeon and consultant anaesthetist professional fees
- Companion beds and catering for relatives/ visitors
- Diagnostic tests, ultrasounds, MRI, CT, PET and nuclear medicine scan, unless stated above.
- Additional prosthesis e.g. implants and grafts.
- Additional pathology and supplies not pertaining to the condition being treated by the package.
- Histology tests (analysis of specimen, if taken), unless otherwise stated above.
- Blood transfusion if required: cross-matching, platelets, fresh frozen plasma and other blood products.
- Neurophysiology, audiology, occupational therapy and speech therapy.
- Take out supplies.
- Personal expenses – telephone calls, additional catering, ambulances, etc…
- Re-admission for return to theatres
- If pathology test Resistant Organism Screen (Mdr) is required, £165 will be charged in addition.
- If microbiologist services are required, an additional initial fee of £250 will be chargeable. Thereafter a follow up fee of £200 will be chargeable.