Cardiology diagnostic pathway
Our all-in-one pathway offers rapid-access consultations and diagnostic testing for suspected heart conditions for Bupa insurance patients.
Please note, this pathway is for Bupa insurance patients only.
At Cromwell Hospital and Basinghall Clinic, our specialist team of consultant cardiologists are available to assess, diagnose, and treat a wide variety of heart conditions, including more complex cases.
Our expert-led cardiology pathway for Bupa insurance patients offers rapid access to consultations and diagnostic tests, which are carried out on the same day where possible.
A diagnosis will be reached quickly, often during your initial consultation. This can then be followed by a tailored treatment plan, delivered by our world-leading consultants.
We offer a comprehensive range of diagnostic tests to fully assess your heart condition. Depending on your symptoms, you may need to have:
- electrocardiogram (ECG) – a test that records the electrical activity of your heart
- echocardiography – a scan that uses soundwaves to produce images of your heart and blood vessels
- wireless patch – a portable device that monitors your heart activity for 24 hours
- 24-hour blood pressure monitoring
- chest X-ray
- cardiology blood profile
Depending on your test results, you may also require:
This pathway is designed exclusively for Bupa insurance patients.
- You visit your GP with cardiac symptoms and receive a referral to a cardiologist.
- You call Bupa Insurance and are booked in for a triage call with a specialist cardiology assistant.
- On the call, the cardiology assistant will ask about your medical history and symptoms. Based on your symptoms, you’ll be booked in for the relevant diagnostic testing at Cromwell Hospital or Basinghall Clinic.
- Your diagnostic tests and consultation are carried out at your chosen location, on the same day where possible.
- Your consultant reviews your test results and invites you for consultation. You may need further testing and a follow-up consultation before a diagnosis can be made.
- If you require treatment, your case is passed onto our multidisciplinary team who will devise a tailored treatment plan.
Diagnosis and treatment
If you are diagnosed with a heart condition, you will be supported every step of the way by your consultant and other members of our healthcare team, including specialised cardiac nurses.
Your case may be discussed at a multidisciplinary team. A multidisciplinary team is comprised of a group of experts from different clinical disciplines. They will discuss your condition and jointly devise a tailored treatment plan.
Our hospital is well-equipped to provide the latest, world-leading cardiological treatments. Depending on your diagnosis, you may be recommended one of the following treatment options: