Orthopaedic medicine involves treating conditions that affect the bones, soft tissue and joints.
Why choose us for orthopaedic medicine?
At Cromwell Hospital and Basinghall Clinic our sport and exercise medicine or MSK physician team are highly trained, using the latest techniques and best practices to provide you with the best treatment possible.
We take a holistic approach - the team also works closely with orthopaedic surgeons, physiotherapists, GPs and pain clinics, to ensure that you get any extra treatment you may need.
Common MSK conditions include:
- Sports injuries
- Work-related injuries/repetitive strain injuries (RSI)
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Joint paint
What does orthopaedic medicine involve?
Our sports exercise medicine / MSK Physicians are experienced in diagnosing and treating problems with muscles, bones and joints. They focus on helping you return to normal activity, whether sporting or occupation. There are a wide variety of treatments available at Cromwell Hospital and Basinghall Clinic to help prevent and manage pain, including:
- Manipulation – a type of manual therapy where your muscles are massaged to get rid of any knots or knits which are causing you pain. This method is useful for lower back pain, neck pain and sports injuries.
- Injections – normally steroids, which reduce swelling at the source of the pain. Injections are normally used to treat joint pain and back pain. We also offer PRP therapy for tendon or ligament issues.
- Posture correction – this involves giving you training on how to stand, walk and sit properly, preventing strain on your muscles and ligaments. This method is also suitable for reducing pain in the neck and back.
- Exercise - depending where your injury is, we will teach you a series of exercises to help you manage the pain in that area.
We also offer orthopaedic care offering care and treatment for patients with conditions affecting their joints, bones, ligaments, tendons, muscles and nerves.
Orthopaedic care treatments include anterior cruciate ligament repair, carpal tunnel release, hip replacements and shoulder replacements.