The diagnosis and surgical treatment of vascular conditions affecting your arteries, veins and lymphatic system. It does not include the arteries in your heart.
About vascular surgery
Our leading vascular surgeons treat a range of conditions affecting your arteries, veins and lymphatic system, including carotid artery disease and varicose veins.
They work closely with sonographers, who do a test called a Doppler ultrasound, to map your blood vessels and diagnose vascular conditions.
With this detailed information, the surgical team can treat your specific condition with minimally invasive surgery and precisely targeted treatments.
Some conditions of the vascular and lymph system can be serious and even fatal, so early diagnosis and treatment are important.
Our specialist teams are highly skilled in detecting early signs of vascular disease. These conditions include abdominal aortic aneurisms, which tend to affect men over the age of 60, and carotid artery disease which can lead to stroke.
Why choose us?
At Cromwell Hospital, you can expect:
- leading vascular surgeons with specialised experience in all aspects of vascular and lymph conditions.
- multidisciplinary care – consultants and experts from different specialties meet regularly to ensure the best possible patient care
- state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging, including onsite Doppler ultrasound.
- state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging and technology
- world-class expertise – our surgeons use the latest surgical techniques and medical advances
Our vascular surgeons
Our experienced vascular surgeons are leaders in their field, treating both common and complex vascular conditions.
"I would like to thank everyone at Cromwell Hospital for the fantastic way you looked after me. I could not fault anyone during the time I spent with you - from the point I arrived in reception, to the catering team and every member of staff throughout the changes of shift during my stay."
Anonymous, Cromwell Hospital patient