Post Covid-19 Inpatient Rehabilitation Programme
An expert-led inpatient programme, designed to address your symptoms and support you on your journey back to optimum health.
At Cromwell Hospital, we understand that recovery from Covid-19 can be a challenging and worrying time, particularly if you have already received treatment in hospital for the condition.
We also know that receiving personalised care and expert multidisciplinary support can make a real difference in supporting your recovery journey and getting you back to your normal physical and emotional health.
To support patients during their recovery from Covid-19, we’ve launched the Post Covid-19 Inpatient Rehabilitation Programme at Cromwell Hospital.
Who is our programme designed for?
The programme is designed to support patients who have been experiencing ongoing and severe symptoms of Long Covid and are looking for expert help to expedite their recovery.
The symptoms of Long Covid are multi-faceted, but the most common reported include:
- Breathlessness or shortness of breath
- Brain fog - problems with memory/concentration
- Joint or muscle pain
- Mobility issues
- Palpitations and chest pain
- Anxiety and depression
The programme is also suitable for you if you’ve recently been discharged from hospital after being treated for Covid-19, and are experiencing related physical, cognitive and mental side-effects.
These may include some of the Long Covid symptoms listed above, plus:
- Issues with speech, language and swallowing
- Fatigue and weakness
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
This programme is not suitable for those who have recently tested positive for Covid-19 or who are currently experiencing symptoms.
What can I expect from the programme?
Every person’s experience and recovery from Covid-19 is unique. As such, there isn’t a one-size-fits-all approach to Long Covid care.
Our bespoke rehabilitation programme places patients’ needs at the heart of the service, with each programme tailored to your individual symptoms and concerns.
Following your initial clinical assessment with your Consultant Physician, a personalised treatment plan will be designed. This will be completely unique to you and with a recommended duration – usually a 7-14 night stay in hospital. The proposed programme will be led by our Therapy team, with guidance and direction from your Consultant Physician.
Your programme may include a combination of the below elements, depending on your needs:
- Consultations with consultant physicians, including psychiatrists, respiratory specialists, cardiologists and pain specialists
- Daily occupational therapy
- Daily physiotherapy in our rehabilitation gym
- Dietetic sessions with our Specialist Dietitian
- Daily speech and language therapy
- Tests including blood tests, lung function, echocardiogram, ECG and chest X-ray
Any tests required in addition to those listed above will be charged separately.
All patients on the programme will have a private en-suite bedroom, and regular follow-up consultations with their Consultant Physician to track their progress.
All tests and consultations will be carried out at one location – on-site at Cromwell Hospital.
Your healthcare team
As a fully integrated multidisciplinary service, you can expect to be supported by a range of specialists whilst on the programme, all who are experts in their field. Team members who may be involved in your care include:
- Consultant physicians, with expertise in cardiology, respiratory medicine, neurology, rheumatology, pain management and psychiatry
- Physiotherapists, specialising in musculoskeletal (MSK) and cardiorespiratory rehabilitation
- Specialist dietitians
- Rehabilitation nurses
- Speech and language therapists
- Occupational therapists
The final cost of the programme will depend on your needs and the time you spend with us as an inpatient. The approximate costs for the programme are below:
- 7 night package - £13,460
- 14 night package - £24,470
The package prices includes all consultant fees and all services and tests outlined above.
Other options for post Covid-19 care at Cromwell Hospital
We understand that an inpatient programme might not be feasible for everyone. We also offer appointments at our Long Covid Clinic, where you can be assessed and provided with a tailored treatment plan, all in an outpatient setting.