Breast care diagnostic pathway
Our rapid breast care diagnostic pathway enables you to see a consultant, have all scans, tests and a biopsy (if needed) on the same day.
Our rapid breast care diagnostic pathway offers same and next day appointments with leading breast consultants. Radiology, mammography and even biopsies can be completed during the initial consultation and in many cases, results provided that same day.
We can then offer rapid access to world-leading cancer treatments, if needed. Visit our breast cancer care page for more information.
"We understand that waiting to find out whether symptoms are cancerous is very stressful and through our specialist centre we are able to offer all initial diagnostics in one appointment, so that our patients get the all-clear or a diagnosis and access to treatment as soon as possible."
Mr Giles Davies, Director of Breast Surgery
What tests are involved?
Depending on your symptoms, you may need to have:
- A mammogram – an X-ray scan of your breasts.
- An ultrasound – a scan using a handheld ultrasound probe that uses sound waves to create an image of the tissues inside your breast.
- A core biopsy – using a fine needle, removing a small piece or pieces of tissue from your breast to be examined in a lab.
Depending on your results, you may also need more further diagnostic scans, including:
Why choose us?
Our rapid diagnostic breast care service offers:
- A fully integrated service under one roof
- An appointment with breast consultant, mammogram, ultrasound and biopsy (if required) all on the same day
- Care led by breast consultants and supported by a dedicated breast care nurse specialist
- Expert multidisciplinary cancer care on-site in the event of a cancer diagnosis
- Different payments options – this service is available to everyone, whether using health insurance or paying for yourself
"I would like to thank everyone at Cromwell Hospital for the fantastic way you looked after me. I could not fault anyone during the time I spent with you - from the point I arrived in reception, to the catering team and every member of staff throughout the changes of shift during my stay."
Anonymous, Cromwell Hospital patient