Our haematologists specialise in diagnosing and treating cancers and conditions of the blood and blood-forming organs.
Our consultant haemotologists are experts in diagnosing and treating conditions of your blood and the organs that make and regulate your blood.
Haemotology is the medical specialty that deals with diseases affecting the blood, bone marrow, lymphatic system and immune system.
If you have a problem with your platelets, blood vessels, bone marrow, lymph nodes, or spleen, you will be referred to a haematologist.
There are also many conditions and treatments that can affect blood and its components.
Cromwell Hospital has extensive diagnostic and treatment facilities for the management of these conditions including a dedicated haemato-oncology ward.
We also offer autologous stem cell transplant for patients requiring high-dose chemotherapy for haematology conditions.
Haemoto-oncology and lymphatic disorders
In our specialist haemoto-oncology department, our specialists work as part of multidisciplinary teams to manage cancer, from diagnosis to treatment, recovery and palliative care.
Conditions we treat include:
- Hodgkins disease
- chronic lymphatic leukaemia
- acute and chronic leukaemia
This service is provided by highly experienced multidisciplinary team including:
- specialist surgeons
- radiographers: using the most advanced equipment available
- microbiologists: identifying the source of infection and give infection management and treatment advice
- clinical oncologists
- consultant haematologists: specialising in diseases involving the blood and lymphatic system
- clinical nurse specialists for oncology including chemotherapy for inpatients and outpatients visiting the chemotherapy day unit
- palliative care specialists including a consultant and clinical nurse specialist
- breast clinic managed by a breast clinical nurse specialist, surgeons and an oncologist
- occupational therapists
Why choose us?
- Leading consultant care – internationally renowned haemotologists with specialised experience in all aspects of blood disorders.
- Extensive team – specialists, nurses and consultants who work in their own fields and as part of multidisciplinary teams throughout the hospital.
- State-of-the-art diagnostic imaging – onsite ultrasound and MRI, reported by specialist radiologists.
- Fully equipped for severe and complex cases – experienced in treating severe cases of cancer and diseases of blood and its organs.
- Central London location – easily accessible by train and The London Underground.
"I would like to thank everyone at Cromwell Hospital for the fantastic way you looked after me. I could not fault anyone during the time I spent with you - from the point I arrived in reception, to the catering team and every member of staff throughout the changes of shift during my stay."
Anonymous, Cromwell Hospital patient