At Cromwell Hospital, we carry out investigation, diagnosis and treatment of all respiratory conditions.
We offer comprehensive lung function testing for fast and accurate diagnosis, along with CT scans and chest X-rays in a state-of-the-art environment. Other tests range from allergy testing to respiratory muscle strength.
This means we can provide fast diagnosis and treatment for conditions such as lung cancer, emphysema and asthma.
Treatment is led by some of the UK's top consultants. We also have a dedicated cardiothoracic physiotherapy service to help you with recovery.
Our leading respiratory consultants work closely with a wider team of specialists to deliver personalised medical care.
Among the team are respiratory physiologists, oncologists, thoracic surgeons, neurophysiologists and cardiothoracic physiotherapists.
They work together on a range of complex patient cases, including Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (COPD), asthma, emphysema and lung cancer, providing diagnosis and optimum care.
We offer treatments for the following conditions:
- Chest infection
- Pulmonary embolism
- Lung fibrosis
- Interstitial lung disease
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Chronic chest pain
- Sleep apnoea
Our thoracic surgeons can perform a full range of thoracic procedures including minimally-invasive thoracic surgery (known as VATS - where the surgeon uses a video camera to guide them) through to complex procedures such as:
- chest wall resections
- great vessels resection
- diaphragm resection
- sleeve resection
Conditions that can be treated by our thoracic surgeons include:
- pneumothorax (collapsed lung)
- pleural effusion
- chest trauma or chest wall deformities
- congenital thoracic malformations
- pleural empyema (infection)
- palmar hyperhydrosis (sympathectomy)
Thoracic surgeons also treat a wide range of tumours involving the thoracic organs (lungs, trachea, bronchi, thymus and esophagus) or the chest wall (ribs, diaphragm and pleura).
The treatment of thoracic cancers requires specialists from different disciplines and departments to work closely together. Cromwell Hospital offers a multidisciplinary service for diagnosing and treating benign and malignant tumours of the chest including:
- lung cancer
- malignant mesothelioma (pleural cancer)
- tracheal and bronchial tumours
- thymoma and other tumours of the mediastinum
- secondary lung cancer (lung metastases)
- malignant pleural effusion
- thoracic sarcoma
- neurogenic tumours of the chest.
Why choose us?
At Cromwell Hospital, you can expect:
- to be cared for by leading respiratory consultants
- the latest diagnostic tests, including lung function testing
- seamless care, from diagnosis to treatment and therapy
- multidisciplinary team of specialists, who meet regularly to discuss optimal treatment for patients
“I had a great experience at the Cromwell Hospital; the staff were amazing, and is another level of professionalism compared to other hospitals I’ve stayed in.”
Lorne, Cromwell Hospital patient