Patients & visitors / Day patients
Preparing for your appointment
When you arrive at Cromwell Hospital, please go to the main hospital reception, where one of our team will welcome you.
We'll go through any necessary paperwork with you. If you have completed the pre-registration form we sent via email, please bring it with you, or arrive at least ten minutes early so we can help you complete this.
What to bring with you
- A referral letter from your GP (if you have one)
- Copies of previous scans or test results that may be relevant
- Your medical record number (MRN) if you have one from a previous visit
- A credit or debit card
- If you are using medical insurance, your membership number and an authorisation code
- A letter of guarantee (sponsored patients)
Paying for your consultation or treatment
We ask all patients to provide credit or debit card details at registration. Your card will be used to settle any outstanding charges after your appointment (for example, costs not covered by your insurance or medicines/supplies from the pharmacy). The consultant will bill you separately for his or her services. This bill may be sent directly to your insurance company/sponsor or to you personally. Your consultant’s secretary will be able to advise you on this.
We welcome both insured and self-pay patients as well as company and embassy-sponsored patients. Please visit our paying for treatment page for further details or contact Credit Control on +44(0)3458500025.
To make your time at Cromwell Hospital as convenient as possible we offer a variety of onsite services.
- Caffè Dallucci, located in the main reception area serves hot and cold drinks along with a selection of sandwiches, pastries, savoury snacks and confectionery.
- The hospital pharmacy, on the ground floor provides outpatient prescriptions, as well as offering a range of over-the-counter medicines and remedies.
- Our team at the welcome desk can book a taxi for your onward journey.
Book an appointment today
Our telephone lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm Saturdays.
Please note - regrettably we are unable to answer specific medical questions or offer medical advice via email or telephone.