A wide-ranging area of surgery with many subspecialties, many related to the abdomen.
General surgery is an overall term under which many of our surgeons practice – about 80% of all surgery is carried out by a general surgeon.
Each of our general surgeons is a specialist in a particular field of abdominal surgery, as well as breast and skin conditions.
Our general surgeons work within multidisciplinary teams for complex conditions such as cancer and liver disease.
Some of the treatments carried out by our General Surgeons include:
- appendix removal surgery
- breast reconstruction
- DIEP flap reconstruction >
- gallbladder removal surgery >
- gastric band surgery >
- gastric bypass surgery >
- haemorrhoidectomy >
- hernia repair >
- mastectomy >
- primary repair of inguinal hernia – Bilateral >
- simple mastectomy >
- sleeve gastrectomy >
- thyroid lobectomy
Some of the diagnostics used in general surgery include:
- Ultrasound guided biopsy
- CT / MRI guided biopsy
- Transoesophogeal echocardiogram
- Capsule endoscopy
- Fibreoptic endoscopic evaluation
- Liver biopsy
Why choose us?
- Leading consultant care – internationally renowned general surgeons with specialised experience all fields of abdominal surgery.
- Extensive team – specialists, nurses and consultants who work in their own fields and as part of multidisciplinary teams throughout the hospital.
- State-of-the-art diagnostic imaging – onsite ultrasound and MRI, reported by specialist radiologists.
- Fully equipped for severe and complex cases – experienced in treating severe cases of cancer and diseases of the abdomen.
- Central London location – easily accessible by train and The London Underground.
"I would like to thank everyone at Cromwell Hospital for the fantastic way you looked after me. I could not fault anyone during the time I spent with you - from the point I arrived in reception, to the catering team and every member of staff throughout the changes of shift during my stay."
Anonymous, Cromwell Hospital patient
Book an appointment today
Our telephone lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm Saturdays.
Please note - regrettably we are unable to answer specific medical questions or offer medical advice via email or telephone.