Cardiology covers the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the heart and blood vessels, such as heart disease and cardiovascular disease.
Cromwell Hospital and Basinghall Clinic are home to leading private cardiologists, based in London, specialising in every aspect of cardiovascular and heart disease.
Among our team of cardiology consultants, we have experts in congenital heart defects, coronary artery disease, heart failure, valvular heart disease and electrophysiology – the study of the heart's rhythm.
Together with specialist nurses and technicians, our private cardiologists work together in multidisciplinary teams, meeting regularly to find the best treatment for each patient.
Depending on your condition, you may need to see more than one type of cardiologist, including:
- Clinical cardiologists – diagnose and manage heart disease and treat symptoms such as angina, abnormal heart rhythms or heart failure. They will coordinate your care with other consultants and surgeons.
- Interventional cardiologists – experts in invasive, but non-surgical, procedures for treating coronary artery disease and valve disease
- Electrophysiologists – specialise in the electrical activity of the heart. They do catheter ablations and implant electrical devices such as pacemakers and ICDs
- Preventive cardiologists – help evaluate your risk from heart disease if it runs in your family. They will devise a plan to minimise your risk.
We are also home to One Heart Clinic, a group of London's leading cardiac consultants who can diagnose and treat a range of cardiac conditions.
At Cromwell Hospital and Basinghall Clinic, we offer the latest cardiology diagnostics:
At Cromwell Hospital we also offer further diagnostics including:
- tilt table testing
- cardiac MRI and CT scans
- cardiac angiography
- doppler test
- nuclear medicine testing
At Cromwell Hospital, our leading cardiologists offer advanced cardiac treatments, including:
Why choose us for cardiology?
At Cromwell Hospital and Basinghall Clinic, you can expect:
- world-leading cardiologists in a range of sub-specialties
- fast access to diagnostics in a dedicated environment
Cromwell Hospital also offers:
- a dedicated angiography centre
- minimally invasive procedures
- the latest imaging technology
"I would like to thank everyone at Cromwell Hospital for the fantastic way you looked after me. I could not fault anyone during the time I spent with you - from the point I arrived in reception, to the catering team and every member of staff throughout the changes of shift during my stay."
Anonymous, Cromwell Hospital patient